To download your Hexoskin data, you have 2 options:
Option 1: Download Data Directly from the Hexoskin Dashboard
To download your data from the Dashboard, start by logging into your Hexoskin Dashboard at my.hexoskin.com.
From here, you can either:
- Download your data from the Dashboard from the “Records” or “Activities” tab, by selecting the activity or record you’re interested in and click on to download your data.
- Or download your data from the record or activity itself by scrolling down to the “Charts” section and clicking on to download your data.
With the Hexoskin Dashboard, you will be given a choice to download your data under .cvs (to export the processed data only), binary format (if you’re interested in all metrics available, including raw data) or EDF format (if you want to open them in EDF Browser software).
Note: On the chart, you can zoom in on a section of your activity/recording that interests you. However, please note that you will import the data for the whole recording/activity, and not data limited to the window selected. If you want to download a portion of the data, you can tag an activity within a record or you can create a sub-activity in an existing activity to isolate and export a specific range of data.
Option 2: Download Data using HxConvertSourceFile
1. Download HxConvertSourceFile software.
2. To use the software HxConvertSourceFile, under the tab "download", you can fetch record/activities within the software itself. You first need to log in with your account login (The same login you use to login to your Hexoskin Dashboard). Then, you will be able to choose the user that you want to download the records of (a window should pop up).
3. Now, click on the tab "Convert". Two checkboxes are ticked by default. Leave it as it is. If you were planning on using Kubios for your analysis, tick also the checkbox “Use Tab '\t' delimiter (used by Kubios)”. Also, check the box “Save in Posix epoch time (seconds since 1 January 1970)" to have your time converted to epoch directly.
4. Select the files that you want to convert in the rectangle window, then click on Convert (lower left corner).
5. Then at the bottom, you can choose where to download your data with "Browse" button and in the "Execution and logging", it tells you when the conversion is done.
Note: If you are downloading your data (binary format) from the Hexoskin Dashboard, please know that the RR-interval and NN-interval time unit will be in s/256 (i.e. 256 lines of data will be the equivalent of 1 second). To perform HRV analysis in Kubios, you NEED to convert manually the time unit from s/256 to s, as Kubios only supports the time format in seconds (s) or milliseconds (ms). If you don't want to do the conversion manually, please use HxConvertSourceFile. This software will automatically download your .csv files in the proper time unit for your RR-interval and NN-interval data files (i.e. in seconds instead of s/256) and it will provide you with your data in .txt format (supported by Kubios software).
Finally, if your HRV analysis is being performed on an "active" period, we strongly recommend only using the HRV metrics calculated by the time-domain analysis as they are the least sensitive to changes in the activity intensity.
Keywords: data import, upload, hxconvert, record, activity, unprocessed data, multiple downloads, participant, patient, #dash