Thank you for your Hexoskin order and welcome!
1. Before you can start using your Hexoskin, you need to charge your Hexoskin Device. To charge the Hexoskin Device, you will use the USB cable provided by plugging it into your computer or laptop (avoid using a USB hub). It takes about 2 hours to fully charge the device's battery.
2. Create your Hexoskin account. Please make sure that the demographic information that you input is accurate as it will be used in the Hexoskin algorithms to calculate your metrics. Your account will allow you to register your device, record and synchronize your data. You can create your Hexoskin Account either with a web browser or in the Hexoskin App.
3. Assign your device to your account. To do this, you need to:
- Download HxServices (if not done yet, visit hexoskin.com/pages/downloads, section "SYNC SOFTWARE" or select your operating system for HxServices with the download links that follow : HxServices for macOS or HxServices for Windows)
- Open HxServices
- Sign in with your Hexoskin Account
- Connect your Hexoskin Device to your computer with the provided USB cable
- Click on the tab "Hexoskins"
- Select your device from the list (serial number behind your device SN: HSKIN120000 XXXX)
- Click on "Assign" at the right top corner
- Select your name from the right column, then drag and drop it on your device in the left column.
Your device is now assigned to your account, and your name should now appear under your device serial number. You can assign many devices to an account (for more information, please refer to link).
Make sure that your Hexoskin Device is not currently recording (not connected to the shirt, the 2nd orange LED should be off) or syncing a session (not connected to a computer).
Then, go to Settings > Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. Make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on.
To pair your Hexoskin recording device with your phone or tablet, the procedure can be done in one step directly via the Hexoskin mobile app. Do as follow to pair an:
5. Put on your Hexoskin Shirt. To do this, you need to:
- Fold up the lower part of your shirt,
- Put one arm through in the arm opening, then the head through the collar and finally the other arm in the other arm opening.
- Fold-down the shirt over your lower body
Tip: It will be easier to put on and take off your shirt if you remove your glasses and/or hair accessories.
Applying cream on the cardiac sensors of your shirt
- Roll up the lower part of the garment to expose the abdominal cardiac electrode (1 square of bronze-coloured fabric)
- Apply a nickel-sized amount of your glycerin-based cream on the abdominal cardiac electrode
- Roll the lower part of the garment back down
- For the thoracic cardiac sensors, gently stretch the armpit opening on your right side until you are able to see one of the thoracic cardiac electrodes
- Apply a nickel-sized amount of your glycerin-based cream on the cardiac electrode
- Repeat the 2 steps for the other thoracic cardiac electrode
- Attach your elastic straps included.
6. Connect your Hexoskin Device to the shirt connector. Please note that your Hexoskin Device will start recording automatically as soon as you plug it into the shirt connector. The recording LED (the middle orange LED) will stay on for the duration of the recording. This will mark the beginning of your record. Put the Hexoskin device horizontally into the shirt pocket with the wire upward and the light outward.
Keywords: quick start, user guide, userguide, account creation, moist, water, sweat, assignation, height, weight, birthdate, age, don, detection, detect, recognized, recognition, #dash