In some cases, you will want to have access to the data of multiple Hexoskin users. These can be athletes that you coach, research subjects, friends, family, etc.
It’s easy to do this with Hexoskin. All you need to do is create an admin/user relationship between your account and the accounts of the people whose data you want to have access to.
On this page you will learn how to:
- Create one admin account and separate user accounts
- Assign a user account to a device
We strongly recommend that you create a separate Hexoskin account for each user to ensure that the right data gets assigned to the right person. In addition to this, some metrics like calorie consumption use the account’s profile information (age, height, weight) so it is not a good idea to share accounts. Accounts are free!
Create your Admin Hexoskin account
If you haven’t already done so, create your Admin Hexoskin account with the help of the web dashboard. We recommend you create this account using a Google Gmail or Google Apps account which will help you set up your users’ accounts faster.
Create your users’ accounts
- Log into the Hexoskin Dashboard at my.hexoskin.com with your Admin account.
- Go to the "Data Sharing" tab
- Click on "+ Add a new user"
- Type their email address*
- Then, click on "Add".
*Each time you create a new user, an email is sent to the given email address for confirmation and password creation. Again, in a research setting, if you want to avoid waiting for each of your users to confirm their account and finish their subscription, we recommend that you use a Google email address. This way you will be able to manage all the accounts yourself and you will receive all the confirmation emails in your own inbox and will be able to finish the setup for all your users' accounts in no time.
Typically, people who use a single Google email account usually create users with this email address syntax:
... and so on.
The interesting thing about Google's email accounts is that anything beyond the '+' sign is ignored by Gmail, so all confirmation emails will be sent to your own Admin account (email@example.com) and you will be able to confirm the new accounts and get set up much faster than if you had to wait for each user to confirm their subscription.
Log in your own Admin Gmail account and open the invitation sent by Hexoskin "Your new Hexoskin account". Click on the link and complete the form for the account set up.
Important note: Don’t forget to fill up each user’s profile (age, weight, height, gender) to ensure that the metrics are correctly calculated. Also, in a research setting, in order to respect participant privacy and confidentiality of your participant, you don't have to use the participant's name. You can use any pseudonym as you see fit, for example, you can use "Participant" as a first name and "002" as the last name for "Participant #2" in your research project. This way your participant's data will remain anonymized.
Install and run HxServices desktop syncing software
HxServices is the free desktop syncing software that allows you to upload the raw data from your Hexoskin Devices to your web dashboard in the cloud. It also allows you to assign a given user to a device which is useful if multiple users are sharing devices. If you haven’t done so already, head to our Downloads page and install the latest version of our data syncing software for Windows or Mac OSX.
Plug one of your Hexoskin Devices into your computer.
- Launch HxServices
- Click on Account and log in with your Admin account details. You should now be seeing a list of Hexoskin Devices that have been registered to the users, as below:
- Click on the "Assign" button
- You now see the connected device in the left column and all your users in the right column. To assign a user to a device, all you have to do is drag and drop the name of the new user to the device in the left column. The name of the user should appear under the device number, confirming that all data that will be recorded by this device will now be assigned to this particular user.
- That’s it, you can unplug this device from your computer and start recording data with it. In case you want to change again, just follow the same steps and reassign a different user to a given device. After recording data with the new user, you will be able to see the different recordings on a given device by plugging it into your computer.
To be able to sync all of your users’ data, you need to be logged into HxServices with your Admin account.
Keywords: disconnect, sync software, synch, overlap, overlapping records, #dash