If you are using Windows 10 on a new computer or on a corporate network (high security), the driver for the Hexoskin device might not be installed properly. This will result in a blank screen when viewing your HxServices software, with the device connected to the computer. The steps to correct this are easy, please see below:
- Make sure you only have the Hexoskin device connected to your PC (unplug all other USB devices except keyboard and mouse)
- Go to the Windows menu and search for "devices and printers"
- Look for an "unidentified peripheral" or "Hexoskin HX" in the COM3 or COM4 ports
- Select or right-click the peripheral and then uninstall it
- Once uninstalled, unplug the Hexoskin Device from your computer then plug it back.
- Your device should now appear in HxServices automatically.
Please note the uninstall step will require 'admin' privileges, check with your organization's IT department if needed. If using a brand new device, once it is visible in HxServices make sure to follow the steps to Assign the Hexoskin Device to your account before starting a recording session.
If you require any help with these steps, contact email@example.com
Keywords: USB port, device detection, recognized, troubleshoot, not detected