If you are using Windows 10 on a new computer or on a corporate network (high security), the driver for the Hexoskin device might not be installed properly the first time you plug it to your PC. This will result in a blank screen when viewing your HxServices software. The steps to correct this are easy, please see below:
- Make sure you only have the Hexoskin Device connected to your computer (unplug all other USB devices except your keyboard and mouse)
- Go to the Windows menu (bottom left of screen), then to Settings (gear icon above the power), then to the Devices menu
- Look for an unidentified peripheral COM(1,2,3,4,5)
- Select this device and click on remove
- Once uninstalled, unplug the Hexoskin Device from your computer then plug it back.
- Your device should now appear in HxServices automatically.
Please note the uninstall step will require admin privileges, check with your organization's IT department if needed. If using a brand new Hexoskin Device, once it is visible in HxServices make sure to follow the steps to assign the Hexoskin Device to your account before starting a recording session.
If you require any help with these steps, contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: USB port, device detection, recognized, troubleshoot, not detected
Article is closed for comments.