With the latest Hexoskin App for Android phones, we now support a new pairing feature where all the steps can be completed from the App. This applies only to the Hexoskin Smart Device (serial number > 42000). The Hexoskin Classic Device (serial number < 42000) still follows the classical 2-step pairing process, see below for both.
Important note: Do the initial pairing steps while the device is not recording (i.e. not attached to the shirt, 2nd orange LED should be off). The Device cannot be placed in Pairing Mode when a recording is underway.
For Hexoskin Classic devices (serial < 42000):
1. Go to your phone's Bluetooth menu, and make sure the Bluetooth is on
2. Place your Classic Device in pairing mode (hold the button for 5 seconds until the blue light turns on)
3. Locate your Device's serial number in the list of available Devices and select it
4. Launch your Hexoskin App and log in with your Hexoskin account.
5. Go to the Devices menu and select Change.
6. Select your Hexoskin Device from the list of available Devices and wait for the green checkmark to appear.
7. To reconnect your Classic Device (after having done the pairing once) simply wake up your device by pressing once on the button. In the phone's Bluetooth settings, select your Hexoskin from your paired Devices and your App will automatically connect to your Device.
For Hexoskin Smart Devices (Serial > 42000):
1. Launch your Hexoskin App and log in with your Hexoskin account.
2. Go to the Devices menu and select Change.
3. Place your Smart Device in pairing mode (hold the button for 3 seconds until the blue light turns on). Your Device (i.e. your Device's serial number) should appear in a white box.
4. Select your Hexoskin Device from the list of available Devices and wait for the green checkmark to appear.
5. Now that your Device is paired to your Hexoskin App, your Device serial number along with the model, the firmware and hardware versions as well as the battery life should now appear in the Device menu.
6. To reconnect to your Smart Device (after having done the pairing once) simply wake up your Hexoskin Device by pressing once on the button. In the Devices menu, your app will look for your Device and reconnect to it.
Once the pairing steps are complete, your Hexoskin App should display the Hexoskin Device's status on the Home screen - it should indicate "not recording" or "idle". When you launch a record by attaching the Hexoskin Device to your Shirt (the second LED will turn on), the blue LED on your Device will flicker rapidly to signal that is communicating with the Hexoskin App. On the App, your Device status will display "Recording" and your metrics will be displayed in real-time.
For any issues with the pairing steps, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: pair, pairing, Bluetooth, in-app, mobile device, blue light, 3rd LED, bluetooth, steps, recording, phone, tablet, app