With the latest update to the Hexoskin iOS app (version 4.2.1), we have added a new pairing feature that lets you complete all the pairing steps within the app itself. You can also easily manage and switch between multiple devices all within the app; no need to go back and forth between the phone's Bluetooth settings and the app.
*Some important things to note:
A) Do the initial pairing steps while the device is not recording (i.e. not attached to the shirt). The device cannot be placed in Pairing Mode when a recording is underway.
B) Once you install the v4.2.1 update, the pairing steps need to be completed from the beginning. If you had already paired a Hexoskin device to your phone before this update, please go to your phone's Bluetooth settings, locate your HX-0000 device and select "Forget this device" before following the steps below.
To connect your Hexoskin Device (Classic or Smart), follow these steps:
1) Open your Hexoskin app and login with your Hexoskin account
2) Go to the Device menu and select Change
3) You will now be taken to the pairing screen:
Hx-Smart Device (serial > 42000)
4) To pair a new Smart device, select the SN: 42000 to 99999 option
5) Follow the instructions on-screen and place your Hexoskin device in Pairing mode (5 second press).
6) When your device appears in the list, select it and the status should display connected
Hx-1 Classic Device (serial < 42000)
4) To pair a new Classic device, select the SN: 01000 - 41999 option
5) Follow the instruction on-screen and place your Hexoskin device in Pairing mode (5 second press):
6) A "Select An Accessory" menu will appear with your Hexoskin Device's serial number, select it.
7) Wait for the confirmation message that your device is not properly configured.
Once the pairing steps are complete, your app should display the Hexoskin device's status on the Home screen - it should indicate "not recording" or "idle". When you launch a record by attaching the Hexoskin device to your shirt (the second LED will turn on), the blue LED on your device will flicker rapidly to signal that is communicating with the app. On the app, your device status will display "Recording" and your metrics will be displayed in real-time.